Super Dice by Bonanza Enterprises

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Super Dice by Bonanza Enterprises

Postby SLCJeeper » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:15 pm

Hello! I'm looking for any information on a Super Dice Mark III by Bonanza Enterprises LTD 1988. I have the machine and absolutely no documentation. The machine fires right up but goes to error "Call Attendant 6". Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Super Dice 1.JPG
SLCJeeper

Re: Super Dice by Bonanza Enterprises

Postby Dave » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:39 pm

That looks like a very cool machine.

I have a similar dice machine made by Bonanza. Go to https://www.coinopcollectorforum.com/vi ... anza+Craps to see it and a video.

If you go to the link you will see a flyer about your machine.

When I got mine it also didn't work and I had no instructions whatsoever.

After some trial and error I was able to get it running.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby SLCJeeper » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:17 pm

Thanks Dave! It was actually your video that led me to this site. I was looking for information on Bonanza games and found you on YouTube. For the most part I'm a Bally EM slot guy but do like the unique games as well. I had been looking for a game like yours and could never find one that was complete. Today the Super Dice popped up in conversation on FB and I immediately bought it and picked it up. This game has several optical sensors that I'll be testing and hope I get lucky.
SLCJeeper

Postby Dave » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:37 pm

If you get it working please post a YT video of it.

Are you in the US? If so, what part of the country. I would like to see the machine in person sometime.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby ThirdGenAmusement » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:26 am

Wow I've never seen this machine before. Looks very interesting. I've worked on newer slots and one of the biggest issues if they are getting errors is the battery that backs up the main memory looses it's "juice" and causes issues with the internal programming. See if you can look for it on the boards. That one will probably look around 3/8 dia and about an inch and a half long. Take a volt meter and check the voltage. Usually they are supposed to be around 3.4 volts but it should be printed on the battery what voltage they are. A low battery voltage can put up several codes not related to the battery itself so I'd start there.
ThirdGenAmusement

Postby SLCJeeper » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:56 am

ThirdGenAmusement, thanks for the reply. The battery is the first thing I looked at and is suspect to me. I picked the game up last night and the first thing I noticed was that an external battery holder had long ago been installed on the MPU board. It's currently using 3 AA Alkaline batteries in series measuring 4.77 vdc. Looking at the board circuitry I do see a diode and resistor as part of the battery circuit and as the board is printed as such, I deem correct. What I don't know is if the external battery was an attempt by a previous owner to get the machine working. Without any documentation, I also do not know what the original battery callout was or what voltage the board wants to see. This game has several buttons and switches scattered around, but nothing on the MPU or anything that currently affects the top screen message or that gets me into a menu of some sort. The board has a repair tag of Good 8/5/98, so it worked as of 22 years ago. Ha Ha! Any thoughts?
SLCJeeper

Postby Dave » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:11 am

I agree that the batteries would be the first thing to try. After that unplug all the connectors, especially edge connectors that might be on the board and make sure they are clean.

I have found that many times unplugging the connectors and just plugging them back in fixes intermittent problems.
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Slots