New To Me: Bally 1097-4 Navy Star Special 25 Cent

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Re: New To Me: Bally 1097-4 Navy Star Special 25 Cent

Postby radiorich123 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:04 am

Well no other special listing sights to list it. The market is dull for these slots. The Jap slots killed the newer slot market.

Rich
REPAIRS ANTIQUE RADIOS AND COIN OPERATED MACHINES EMAIL
radiorich123@yahoo.com
WEB SIGHT www.technician.50megs.com
radiorich123

Re: New To Me: Bally 1097-4 Navy Star Special 25 Cent

Postby MONTI » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:32 am

mechanic wrote:So here's what I now and I don't know much. Your machine started life as a 742A. Looking at the front I seen the small counter unit on the top right corner. No Bally had this unit until the 1088 and 1089 models. Your machine is tagged inside as a 1097-4 which falls into the wide body models. The problem is that Bally supposedly did not make a 1097-4. The models go from 1096 to 1099 with no reference to a 1097. So this is what I think and it hurts to do so. Bally in 1983 was going into the series E machines starting with the 1212 model. The E1212 being the first made but then what to do with a warehouse full of EM's? Well the best to do is convert and update the older models. So even though the 1097-4 of yours is not listed as a regular made model it may well be one of those older updated models Bally converted over. If anyone knows more than me and I don't really kinow much it would be MONTI. Monti whats your thoughts?

Howdy JS!
I agree with you that the model number is not specific to an actual Bally made model and either Bally or probably more likely, a route operator made the modifications adding the meter and what ever else to make it more competitive with the latest models coming out!
Curious to see what the metal tag in the lower front right outside of the cabinet says as it does look very similar to an early 742-a BALLY model with that early Belly Glass!
From what I can see of the inside photo the meter added does seem to use Bally color coded wire, Etc. so possibly a route operator modification, a photo of the metal tag I mentioned would clarify original model number!
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Previous

Return to Slots