PACE 50 cent Slot

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

PACE 50 cent Slot

Postby DGrant09 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:49 pm

Hello All from Alaska,
We have a PACE 50 cent slot, I believe from Harrahs. The inside is in serious need of a cleaning and recently it started acting up. The wheels are not spinning when the coin is dropped, but the small fan like device in the bottom is still spinning. Would it be possible to find documents on how to disassemble and clean this? More importantly, correct re-assembly. #-o
Thank you for your time,
Attachments
Slot.jpg
DGrant09

Re: PACE 50 cent Slot

Postby DGrant09 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:19 am

I believe I've figured out the model - 50 Cent Pace Deluxe Chrome Harrah’s Del Rio Half Dollar, and I found a manual that seems to be a bit rare these days - Owner's Pictorial Guide For The Care And Understanding Of The Pace Bell Slot Machine: This book has become quite expensive.. #-o
Would this be the right book to get started with?
Thank you for your time,
Daniel
DGrant09

Postby rtmccurdy » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:50 am

Unfortunately the Pace Repair Guide is out of print hence the high prices. Perhaps someone on the forum has an extra copy and would sell it. The Mead Guide has only a page and a half of information on high denomination Pace slots (escalator differences) but everything else would be the same for your slot (disassembly/assembly, cleaning, clock repair, jackpot repair, troubleshooting, etc.) There are numerous repair experts on the forum so they may be able to talk you through the issues on your slot with photos of the mechanism.
rtmccurdy

Postby DGrant09 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:06 am

rtmccurdy wrote:Unfortunately the Pace Repair Guide is out of print hence the high prices. Perhaps someone on the forum has an extra copy and would sell it. The Mead Guide has only a page and a half of information on high denomination Pace slots (escalator differences) but everything else would be the same for your slot (disassembly/assembly, cleaning, clock repair, jackpot repair, troubleshooting, etc.) There are numerous repair experts on the forum so they may be able to talk you through the issues on your slot with photos of the mechanism.

Thank you Rtmccurdy for the information on the Mead guide. I believe it would be a great adventure with getting this cleaned up and running as it should. Fun old machines..
DGrant09

Return to Slots