DO I HAVE A RARE MILLS 25-CENT WAR EAGLE?

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Re: DO I HAVE A RARE MILLS 25-CENT WAR EAGLE?

Postby mazzeosa17 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:02 am

I didn't count how much money is in the standard coin tube from one of my machines, but I'd estimate about 100 coins. The coins in the coin tube are used for the standard payouts of 2-20 coins, separate from the jackpot payouts. You are correct that none of the money from the jackpots (shown in the jackpot windows) are used for general payouts. Without going into a lot of detail, there are several additional parts in the mechanism (at least in later mechanisms) that ensure that the coin tube stays full, if there have been multiple payouts from that tube, instead of coins being diverted to the jackpots.
mazzeosa17

Postby rtmccurdy » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:27 am

Here is the initial promotional advertising for the new Mills Silent Jackpot Bell (January, 1931 Automatic Age Magazine (c) International Arcade Museum) and it is clearly your War Eagle. Details on the new offering are on either side. So, your War Eagle would be considered "rare" or "scarce" compared to the 1000's of original War Eagles that have survived. How much that would impact pricing is purely speculative since pricing is regional and based on demand.
Attachments
MVC-020S.JPG
rtmccurdy

Postby Marcellous » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:27 pm

WOW!!! Thanks very much, rtmccurdy for your post and image sent. I would think that my machine being a 25-cent machine during the time of the Depression would be even more rare. Back then, 25 cents could get you a good meal. Again, thanks.

Also, I want to thank mazzeosa17 for posting what the payout tube generally has in these machines.

I have wanted a genuine War Eagle for a long time. I know there are many fakes and outright repros made. I personally think Mills outdid themselves with this design. I think it is the best they did.
Marcellous

Postby Mills » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:32 pm

Can you take a picture of the escalator just removing the back bonnet?
The escalator of the first series is easily recognizable.
I've a War Eagle with serial #268xxx . You can have a look here : https://retro-jackpot.fr/mills/war-eagl ... 9sentation
37 slots machines.... May be more ?
Mills

Postby Marcellous » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:08 pm

Hi Mills, Bringing up the link it seems to be in French and the images are not that good. Would appreciate your focusing on exactly what I should see if I photograph the area. Your War Eagle serial number is much higher than mine. Your show 268XXX whereas mine 261395.
Marcellous

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:46 pm

You might want to take a look at the http://www.CoinOpRegistry.com site to see what other serial numbers have been recorded for War Eagles.

You are welcome to add yours if it is not already in the database.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Mills » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:28 am

Marcellous wrote:Hi Mills, Bringing up the link it seems to be in French and the images are not that good.
Normal ! I'm french !!! . Images was made when internet work slowly and not with fiber....
Marcellous wrote:Would appreciate your focusing on exactly what I should see if I photograph the area.
See photo below. If you can take the same photo like me....
IMG_3906.JPEG
Mills excalator

Marcellous wrote:Your War Eagle serial number is much higher than mine. Your show 268XXX whereas mine 261395.
Yes !! only 7000 machines between you and me... But not 7000 War eagle !! Mills made in 1931 poinsettia too during this period,
Mills

Postby Marcellous » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:39 pm

I have posted TWICE with an image of my War Eagle escalator and it is not posted. Why?
Marcellous

Postby Marcellous » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:59 pm

Trying again--maybe the third time with an image of my War Eagle escalator.
Attachments
MILLS WAR EAGLE ESCALATOR.jpg
Marcellous

Postby Mills » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:34 pm

Your escalator is indeed a first model. Your mech too.
Bravo !
But I don't think it give more value for your machine... :(
Mills

PreviousNext

Return to Slots