Route 32 Auction: Pirate Figure Slot Machine

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Route 32 Auction: Pirate Figure Slot Machine

Postby scottzearbaugh » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:25 pm

Fellow Collectors,
I am looking at the Figural Pirate Slot Machine at the Route 32 Auction . The cabinet looks new. Is the mechanism a reproduction? Since it is a high top, it was not clear to me if there were any reproduction mechanisms. I did read all about the reproduction machines on this forum, but I could not find much on high tops. It is lot 85. March 19-20, 2021. I appreciate any input and thanks.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/97 ... ot-machine
scottzearbaugh

Re: Route 32 Auction: Pirate Figure Slot Machine

Postby Will » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:06 am

Hi,
I a see that it’s missing the Pump. The device that returns the pull down lever to the starting position. Maybe since that arm is so heavy they had to do a more robust return?.

I just don’t have much luck at auctions as some nut bucket with a strong fetish for Pirate stuff is going to overpay for it. My guess is that it go’s for more than 6k.

Who paints RUM on a Barrel?, shouldn’t his boots be black? Or at least darker brown. That’s just me being critical. Things I would change.

I am not sure about the mechanism being original. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can help.
Living the best life I can in Lake Tahoe.
Will

Postby capt7310 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:42 am

Hi, I have a DeLong Pirate and a I don't know who made it one Union Solider, the Pirate is all original except the BONUS mech which was shot so I removed it, it has DeLong's signature on the base, however the Union Solider is carved wood but don't know if it's Mannie Sanchez, it's not Polk, I forgot the other carver, but with that said the machine itself does have repro parts and it has the pump , and the one your looking at has some of the same parts as mine in the mechanism. And I have to go with Will it's just my personal view BUT the yellow gloves and Tan boots yikes! The Union Soldier I got at a Estate Sale for 2k and it's like brand new and the pirate was a foreclosures house and I just happen to be at the right place and time and got it for 1500 bucks. I guess if you could keep it under the 2K and repaint if you like I think it would be cool. The same with the barrel that's just a repaint and again that's just my opinion which is worth 2 cents
Attachments
union soldier.jpg
IMG_4025.JPG
capt7310

Postby YourBestBet » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:57 am

The pirate in the Route 32 auction is junk in my opinion. It's made out of fiberglass. It's a complete fantasy piece with a reproduction mechanism. The buyer will be someone that doesn't care about originality and simply likes the look. I doubt it will bring more than $2k. Most on this forum will have no interest in this machine. It would look cool in a restaurant and that's about it.
YourBestBet

Postby scottzearbaugh » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:58 pm

Thank you for the information. I did indeed contact Route 32 Auctions after the posts and input today. The pirate is fiberglass. My initial assumption was the pirate was manufactured from wood. I am only interested in a wood carved figure, so I will pass on this one.
scottzearbaugh

Postby capt7310 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:31 pm

Smart Move
capt7310

Postby firefox1 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:27 pm

John Cailer made 5 or 6 fiberglass slot machine figures made of fiberglass.
firefox1

Return to Slots