Did Acme Roulette also make a dice machine?

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Re: Did Acme Roulette also make a dice machine?

Postby jumpinjaxsisfun » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:04 pm

Dave, Once again you came thru. Watched it to completion! What a joy. I thought I get happy for a nice slot but these machines really give me joy, thanks again Vin
jumpinjaxsisfun

Re: Did Acme Roulette also make a dice machine?

Postby mark2474 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:17 pm

I did end up buying the roulette machine and listed it on eBay. I received an interesting message from another eBay user with some insight about the history of the machine and I thought that I would share it with everyone. Here is the message that I received:

Hi,
Your machine as a very interesting history, it was designed by Doc Kaufman who worked for Bally, the original one (Not your one) had a Klopp hopper out of a coin counter, this was the first machine to ever use an hopper, that went on to be used in the first Bally slot machines, my late partner Mickey Wichinsky gave Kaufman the idea to use an hopper and the rest is history, interesting that you say 50 of these were stored in a warehouse, it is my understanding that Bally financed this project but scrapped the idea and these machines were "Buried" forever, great idea at the time. Freddy Bailey-President The Game World Group LLC
mark2474

Previous

Return to Slots