Can someone ID model and year of this Jennings

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Can someone ID model and year of this Jennings

Postby Nepacoinop » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:55 am

I see a lot similar to this game but never this one ... can someone please ID it.... thanks
Attachments
AB8620A6-31D7-4A5B-848C-8F6E33C25785.jpeg
Nepacoinop

Re: Can someone ID model and year of this Jennings

Postby collector1 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:12 pm

Eureka I Think I know. Like a quiz show. Look on the lower right of that center casting. HUH ???? That kinda looks like the letter R. So let's see who did I forget. I will insert a picture
This seems to be a ROBERTS JENNINGS CONVERSION. SOMEONE PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG. Well what do you think? =D>
Is it for sale?
Attachments
JENNINGS ROBERTS CONVERSION.png
collector1

Postby collector1 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:16 pm

Yes it is not exactly the same but I am only focusing on the center casting and I would like to hear from members that know much more than I do. Please give me your opinion for this member. :argue: I found from Brights Restoration another one , definitely confusing???? LOOK and TELL. #-o
Attachments
OPERATOR BELL CLOSE JENNINGS 1927.JPG
OPERATOR BELL CLOSE JENNINGS 1927.JPG (18.2 KiB) Viewed 4052 times
collector1

Postby mechanic » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:05 pm

IT LOOKS LIKE A VERY EARLY SERVICE SALES REVAMP. THERE WERE TWO SERVICE SALES COMPANIES ONE IN CALIFORNIA AND ONE IN OHIO. NEITHER WERE ASSOCIATED. THE EARLIEST JACKPOT MACHINES HAD THE LITTLE COIN TRAY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LOWER CASTING. MANY OF THE EARLIEST JACKPOT CASTINGS WERE FARMED OUT TO PACE MFG.
mechanic

Postby nvmos2 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:48 am

The machine starting this thread resembles a Roberts Novelty revamp, but it probably is not. Roberts was one of the largest producers of JP fronts 1928-1931; they had their own original design and put their name along the front bottom, at least on their later models. Other smaller companies copied their fronts with some variations, but in some cases just dropping the Roberts name.

Mechanic is one of the most knowledgeable members here, so it may very well be a Service Sales revamp. The ribbon design in the lower part of the JP front is probably distinctive to one company, but Slot Dynasty (RIP) wasn’t able to identify it in another thread, so I’m not competent to venture a guess. The ribbon was often a double, one on each side of JP, as shown in 3rd photo above.

Service Sales of Toledo, Ohio stamped their name into the back of at least some of their JP fronts. Below is a photo (courtesy altort) of one of their stamped JP fronts.

Nepacoinop: request you examine the machine more closely for stickers on cabinet inside and out and see if there is anything stamped into back of JP front to indicate who made it.

33C009BD-05DC-4DBF-AA58-211016B104AB.jpeg
Service Sales of Toledo JP front
Last edited by nvmos2 on Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nvmos2

Postby collector1 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:44 am

WOW, THIS IS ONE GIANT LEARNING CURVE. SOMEONE SAID PACE AND DOES ANYONE HAVE ONE TO SHOW AND ANY OTHERS PLEASE. :-k ALSO IS THERE ANY JENNINGS OR MILLS CONVERSIONS FOR SALE AND IF SO P.M. ME.
THANK YOU VERY, VERY, MUCH AND HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY .
collector1

Postby Nepacoinop » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:30 am

Ah ha !!!!!!!
Attachments
D6DEEA08-E8C4-48DD-8ACC-0F75EEF10079.jpeg
Nepacoinop

Postby Nepacoinop » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:36 am

Looks to be an “operator bell jackpot”

http://rebslots.com/products/product_vi ... 4376903201

Other than someone adding the award card which don’t seem to be original to the casting it’s unmolested otherwise
Nepacoinop

Postby Nepacoinop » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:37 am

If anyone watching this thread has a lock for that front casting let me know before I post a wanted ad for one
Thanks
Nepacoinop

Postby nvmos2 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:30 pm

Nepacoinop wrote:Looks to be an “operator bell jackpot”

http://rebslots.com/products/product_vi ... 4376903201

Other than someone adding the award card which don’t seem to be original to the casting it’s unmolested otherwise

No; it's a Jennings Revamp.
For more complete identification, you could call it a Jennings Operators Bell Revamp Jack Pot Front.

Ref your link: Bright's has a lot of nice machines and is a good source for serial numbers; I think his listing description is just simplified to avoid getting into the revamp discussion.

It started out as a Jennings Operators Bell without a JP; this thread has centered around the JP front, which was added later.
I think we assumed that it was obvious that it was originally a Jennings Operators Bell with no jack pot.
The machine was "revamped" to extend its service life when JPs came into popularity.
The question is; Who made the JP Front?

Take out the mechanism and see if there is anything stamped into the back of the front casting.
Also, try removing the award card to see if there is a second ribbon behind it.
nvmos2

Next

Return to Slots