Not seen this before

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Not seen this before

Postby madmelons » Sun May 23, 2021 2:51 am

Not seen one of these before, anyone else?
Attachments
20200120_191240.jpg
madmelons

Re: Not seen this before

Postby flipper77 » Sun May 23, 2021 6:28 am

Do you mean a fifty cent Buckley? Mine is one of my favorites - smooth. Or do you mean the odd payouts?

Flip
Attachments
abuckleyfifty.JPG
flipper77

Postby madmelons » Sun May 23, 2021 7:15 am

No neither actually thx.

The painted lower awards are simply due to x12 coin max slide conversion to English Old Penny

from original 50c as both coins similar size so escalator used for both, so seen that many times.

No its the use of cut down special award card and the cast alloy addition in front of jp or token

award glass that I've ever seen before? I presume it was used to display some "special award"?
madmelons

Postby nvmos2 » Sun May 23, 2021 4:09 pm

My guess; you're right; IMO it's a Buckley revamp;
standard Buckley with cut-down award plate and JP trim added;
looks like there's no glass in JP window; a card or painted glass should have indicated what the Extra Award was;
doubt very much it was done by Buckley.

ACA586E9-3DBC-4BF3-9CF4-D4C672DE5686.jpeg
nvmos2

Postby madmelons » Sun May 23, 2021 11:26 pm

They simply could have just inserted any token or special award artwork behind the jp glass though..

It would have been a great deal easier/cheaper than make a whole new cast alloy shaped lower front.

Why go to all that cost & extra work when you arent bothering making new replacement award card?

The operator must have made a number of these to make it worthwhile, yet never seen another.......?
madmelons

Postby nvmos2 » Mon May 24, 2021 5:51 pm

I probably should have stated the obvious; clearly something is missing on subject machine; the trim piece should be enclosing something (extra award) big to attract players; like the diamond JP on a Mills Melon Bell.

That's the interesting thing about this hobby; something odd is always popping up that you've never seen before.

When it comes to revamps, this one does not seem all that odd; I think there are entire front castings that only one (or none) has been known to have survived.
nvmos2

Return to Slots