Recommendations, slot machine sales

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Recommendations, slot machine sales

Postby Catman88 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:06 pm

Hello, this is my first post on this forum and I'm looking to buy my first vintage slot machine that is 100% authentic. I don't have time right now to learn everything to be able to choose a 100% authentic machine myself so purchasing one from eBay or Craigslist is out of the question at this time. My browser searches has pulled up many online companies in the USA that claim they are all experts on the restoration of vintage slot machines. Now for the questions.

We all know that anyone can create a website and claim they are experts, but the only way to find out who is a reputable dealer is from word of mouth, so if you guys could provide me with your recommendations who sells the best most authentic vintage slot machines I would be very thankful.

When I visit these slot machine websites they do not list prices, I find this most unusual, does anyone know why that is. I would think if you have a product for sale you would list a price. Is there some law against listing prices for slot machines.

Thank you for your help.
Catman88

Re: Recommendations, slot machine sales

Postby Dave » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:30 pm

When you say 100% authentic, do you mean a machine that has had 0 restoration on it?

Do you have a particular machine in mind (e.g., Mills War Eagle, Jennings Sun Chief, etc.)?

I assume you are looking for a 3 reel style machine and not a counter wheel or an upright.

Be very careful if you are buying a Mills War Eagle or, especially, a Mills Golden Nugget. 99% of the Golden Nuggets out there are fakes and a lot of the War Eagle are fakes as well.

If you are looking at a machine feel free to post a few pics of it here and I am sure you will get a lot of good advice.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby rlt » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:31 am

Catman88,,, Where are you located?
rlt

Postby Catman88 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:27 am

From my past experience dealing with antiques the more pristine and original and untouched an item is the more it's worth, I'm assuming the same holds true for vintage slot machines. When I say 100% authentic I'm implying that it's not a reproduction, if parts were replaced they used original OEM parts, and if they did a restoration they new what they were doing to retain the highest value.

There are so many cool looking slot machines to choose from it's hard to say exactly witch one I'm interested in first, but for example let's say I just choose a random machine from a random online seller to help me with my questions. If I was to purchase this Watling in the below link would It be safe to say it's original and not a fake, could you also rate this on a scale from 1 to 10.

http://www.antiqueslotmachines.com/prod ... 4047750800

To answer the last question, I live in Central California. And BTW I'm still very interested why prices are not listed.
Catman88

Postby sam2002 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:24 am

Catman88 wrote:From my past experience dealing with antiques the more pristine and original and untouched an item is the more it's worth, I'm assuming the same holds true for vintage slot machines. When I say 100% authentic I'm implying that it's not a reproduction, if parts were replaced they used original OEM parts, and if they did a restoration they new what they were doing to retain the highest value.

There are so many cool looking slot machines to choose from it's hard to say exactly witch one I'm interested in first, but for example let's say I just choose a random machine from a random online seller to help me with my questions. If I was to purchase this Watling in the below link would It be safe to say it's original and not a fake, could you also rate this on a scale from 1 to 10.

http://www.antiqueslotmachines.com/prod ... 4047750800

To answer the last question, I live in Central California. And BTW I'm still very interested why prices are not listed.

I live in Central California and have a few machines I will be selling, very nice machines, some restored and some untouched.
If you’d like, you can Shoot me a pm with your contact info
I can provide you more info if your interested
Thanks
Sam
sam2002

Postby radiorich123 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:18 am

That walting is very nice I think around a 9 with out seeing in person and probably around 6,000.00 dollars.
REPAIRS ANTIQUE RADIOS AND COIN OPERATED MACHINES EMAIL
radiorich123@yahoo.com
WEB SIGHT www.technician.50megs.com
radiorich123

Postby leospanner » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:31 am

Just for information, I think that sam2002 is a very reputable dealer and restorer, and a really nice guy.
leospanner

Postby marsonion » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:39 am

leospanner wrote:Just for information, I think that sam2002 is a very reputable dealer and restorer, and a really nice guy.

I agree 100%.
marsonion

Postby rtmccurdy » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:51 am

Yes, wonderful restoration...but reproduction reel strips and cash box. On a high price Rol-a-Top one should get original locks, cashbox, reel strips, etc.
rtmccurdy

Postby Catman88 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:15 pm

rtmccurdy wrote:Yes, wonderful restoration...but reproduction reel strips and cash box. On a high price Rol-a-Top one should get original locks, cashbox, reel strips, etc.

can you find original items to replace the reproduction ones or are they impossible to find and that's the only alternative to sell the machine. I believe he's asking $7,000.00, Is that a fair price or a little high.
Catman88

Next

Return to Slots