Pace 8 Star Bell

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Re: Pace 8 Star Bell

Postby capt7310 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:30 am

Been all over trying to find anything about this machine and a Pace Repair manual and both come up empty. The payout is 3 Bars pays 20 and the fourth reel has 2 PACE emblems within the stars and if you hit you get fifty bucks plus another 20 payout.
The guy I bought if from explained to me that it was his friends father and he had it from the early 50's and when his friends father passed away he bought it from his friend and that was about 25 yrs ago, he said played it for about five years and then it stood on a table in the corner of his living room and never played it ( that I can vouch for because the dust was a inch thick on the machine). I just happened to see a garage sale sign for man stuff and stopped in. The machine was in the corner and he was asking 1500, and to be quiet honest I never saw anything like this machine so I was very hesitant at his price. One other guy there showed some interest but he said the same was not familiar with the machine and backed out.
I played it and looked out it and just said it was so cool made him an offer of a grand and he took it.
Not a spine tingling story but that's all I got. I want to thank everyone for their great input and there seemly excited about the machine as I was. I'm going to polish it up and re send a pic. Here is a pic of the counters on the back of the mech, you can see by the low numbers that it wasn't used much. I did screw with the counters to make sure they work so I added a few.
Attachments
IMG_0278.JPG
IMG_0279.JPG
capt7310

Postby CWCadillac » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:44 am

I have a friend who has a Pace 8 Star Bell in the Silver Dollar denomination, but it doesn't have the fourth reel (I've been trying to buy it for Years!)...
CWCadillac

Postby 63mini » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:11 pm

That's a nice clean machine. I think it's a good find. Can't help much with the history. But, there is a 10¢ machine out there somewhere. Below is a photo from an auction about 10 years ago.
Attachments
Pace.png
63mini

Previous

Return to Slots