Rolator/Rolatop

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Rolator/Rolatop

Postby Badpenny » Sun May 08, 2022 2:21 pm

Hi ... Bought myself one with the coins spilling out of the horn. Then noticed it's a Rolator. I understand the history and the need for them to change the name. What I wondered is how many were made before they were forced to change? Does it make any difference to a collector?
Cheers
Come and visit my verbal ramblings at http://zenataomm.wordpress.com/ ..... leave money and/or food
Badpenny

Re: Rolator/Rolatop

Postby MONTI » Sun May 08, 2022 4:03 pm

A Rol-A-Tor Horn of Plenty, I am sure Watling Boy will agree with me, depending on cosmetic condition and all parts being original a Rol-A-Tor should bring a little more in value being one of the original ones from the factory! =D>
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby watlingboy » Sun May 08, 2022 5:15 pm

Congratulations, the Rol-A-Tor is desirable and does bring more money. However, it depends on completeness, condition and originality. No one can tell you how many were produced before the name change but the Tor was short lived. Watling is announcing their new amazing machine in the December 1934 issue of Coin Machine Journal and in the May 1935 issue they’re advertising the Rol-A-Top, 4 months of production.

George
watlingboy

Postby Badpenny » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:52 pm

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all of your input. :D
Come and visit my verbal ramblings at http://zenataomm.wordpress.com/ ..... leave money and/or food
Badpenny

Return to Slots