Mills Golden Nugget Help Please

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Mills Golden Nugget Help Please

Postby a10driver » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:34 pm

Hello All, new to this board and already discovered my "treasured" Mills Golden Nugget quarter slot that I purchased in Vegas over 20 years ago, is a reproduction! Well, in truth I always suspected as much. Anyways, I'm trying to understand why my payout slides are not working. During the wind up cycle the payout bar push bar (I hope I have the correct terminology) does not move. The levers are locked against the slides. If I manually force the levers back away from the slide, everything seems to move for one full cycle, then locks up as described. I guess I don't quite understand what drives the payout push bar and if their is an adjustment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mark S.
Michigan
a10driver

Re: Mills Golden Nugget Help Please

Postby oldslotman » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:01 pm

Timing is off on the machine. The slides are being released before the fingers are pushed out of the way to allow a payout.
oldslotman

Postby a10driver » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:48 am

Thank you for that. How do I adjust the timing?
a10driver

Postby oldslotman » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:22 am

There is a timing lever that comes off the clock that has to be bent to put the machine back in time. Tricky to do if you don't know how to do it.
oldslotman

Postby a10driver » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:36 am

Thanks again.......my machine has a timing lever adjustment screw, will that make a difference and is the lever that the screw appears to adjust the one that needs to be bent?
a10driver

Postby oldslotman » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:38 pm

a10driver wrote:Thanks again.......my machine has a timing lever adjustment screw, will that make a difference and is the lever that the screw appears to adjust the one that needs to be bent?

If it has the adjustment screw you may not need to bend anything. That lever is not the one that needs to be bent.
oldslotman

Postby a10driver » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:55 pm

Gotcha, thank you again.......
a10driver

Return to Slots