Groetchen Ginger trade stimulator(with timber base)

This area is to discuss trade stimulators. A trade stimulator is defined as a machine that does NOT pay the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Re: Groetchen Ginger trade stimulator(with timber base)

Postby mazzeosa17 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:47 pm

Maybe you could try lubing the mechanism with WD-40 on the pivot points, or adjusting the pump on the back of the mechanism to speed up the cycling time.
mazzeosa17

Postby integ194 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:55 am

Thanks for your suggestions. Vacuum pump ok but I believe additional lube has helped. I have also 'refined' my lever action which also helps-now a lot better.
integ194

Postby nvmos2 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:03 pm

When you described the problem, you said when the "dime" is inserted; that could be the problem if you are putting dimes in a nickel machine;
or am I correct in assuming that was just a typing mistake in your post.
nvmos2

Postby integ194 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:20 pm

As an Aussie I sometimes get the coin terms mixed up but I certainly am only using nickels. Thanks for picking up nvmos2.
integ194

Postby nvmos2 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:26 pm

I knew you were not really using dimes;
I think you have gotten to know the Ginger mechanism better than I do, but here's my best guess;

For terminology, let's say the handle lever rotates the operating lever on the side of the mech;
and the lever uses the coin to push back the operating shaft of the mechanism.

The handle should rotate the operating lever/shaft so that the shaft reaches full travel and starts the spin cycle just before the handle reaches full down.
The handle is pinned to it's lever and the case sets its up/down limits.

My guess is that either the handle or the operating shaft has slightly slipped/worn over time/usage.
There should be no play in the handle or the handle lever.
You might be able to shift the handle up a little by loosening the nut inside the case.

Most likely the operating shaft needs a slight adjustment to its position in relation to the operating lever;
I would approach that very carefully since it would be a tricky operation with risk of making matters worse.
nvmos2

Postby integ194 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:17 am

Thank you nvmos2 for your informative reply and use of correct descriptors-I am still learning!
There is no play between the handle and the shaft and the handle and the operating lever-very firm so no real chance to create any adjustment there. Also by loosening the nut that only turns the sleeve which houses the shaft but that does not provide adjustment if I am interpreting your post correctly.
Perhaps I was being too expectant. Certainly if I take the handle very deliberately it clicks just before the downward stop and spins the reels per your description so perhaps its all in my handle action although the Ginger does seem a tad tricky on this than my other trade stims. Thks again.
integ194

Previous

Return to Trade Stimulators