Steve or Ric here?

This area is to discuss trade stimulators. A trade stimulator is defined as a machine that does NOT pay the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Steve or Ric here?

Postby nvmos2 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:51 pm

Are Ric Gandy and Steve Alpert still around?
If yes, can anyone provide contact info?

I have some questions on trade stimulator tokens and those 2 know more about the subject than anyone else I know of.
nvmos2

Re: Trade Stimulator Tokens

Postby Ric Gandy » Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:51 pm

I am still around, but have not been active in this hobby for a long time. I still keep a copy of Steve Alpert's book on or near my desk. It is my understanding that still passed away years ago. I still have most of my trade stimulators, slot machines, and vintage coin op tokens. I got your message about the cigarette pack trade stimulator tokens where the number is inside of a triangle on both sides of the token. IF I knew what specific machine these tokens were used in, I have no current memory of that. It may be that it was not a machine specific token, but some generic token a local operator had made up to identify and use in his own machines. Sorry I could not be of more help. Ric Gandy
Ric Gandy

Re: Steve or Ric here?

Postby nvmos2 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:32 am

Ric; It's good to hear from you!

Yes the tokens with triangle are generic; do not have a machine or company name on them. I have about 40 that I found in a Tokette, but, of course, that does not necessarily mean that Sanders supplied them with the machine.

Did Western supply their machines (ToT, Whooperdoo, others?) with distinctive branded tokens? I have a stash of hundreds of trade stimulator tokens but just 1 that has the Western name (on both sides) for Free Plays. I assume it was supplied by Western with one of their machines, but if they did that, I would think that there would be more of their tokens surviving.

Last question; did Daval supply two versions of their generic tokens?
Out of a couple hundred of them, I see the words "for" and "Packs" are placed differently; I have a large number of each version.
I assume Daval supplied two versions of their generic token over the years, or did you think there was another company that used a look-alike token?

Thanks
nvmos2

Return to Trade Stimulators