Mills 50c Hightop

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Re: Mills 50c Hightop

Postby zabadozer » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:42 pm

Resurrecting a very old thread as I have the exact same issue described and shown in the video. Looks like Mojomickman is no longer active. Any suggestions on how to address?

Mojomickman wrote:Here is the problem. The clock bar is not set far back enough so when you pull the handle the first reel hammer is coming down almost instantly I'm not sure how to fix this? I enclosed a YouTube video Showing whats going on. As for the grinding on the payout disc that was fixed with a few new softer springs. Thanks altort. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xj74v5x ... e=youtu.be

Mike
zabadozer

Postby mazzeosa17 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:36 am

Here's an extract from some personal notes that I made when I had the same problem with my Mills Hightop machine. If this doesn't solve the problem, PM me and we can discuss on the phone.

Then I bent the linkage bar connected from the clock to the Reel Stop Timing Lever, as described in the Mills Mead and Geddes book in Figure 14-10 on page 131 (Chapter 14 – Machine Adjustments), and that fixed the problem! The linkage bar was bent in a reverse “Z” shape, which was keeping the reel stops from stopping as quickly as they should have. So, I bent it into more of a “Z” shape, with the top part of the linkage bar facing the front of the mechanism, as it should have been. See photos img.3646-3648 in my Coin Op Photos folder for the Gangster slot. There is still not a huge amount of time from the time the 3rd reel stops, and the 4th and 5th clicks happen, but it is sufficient. If I want a larger amount of time from the time the 3rd reel stops, and the 4th and 5th clicks happen, I can make the linkage bar into even more of a “Z” shape. I didn’t want to bend the clock arm as shown in Figure 14-09 on page 131 of the Mead and Geddes book, as I was afraid that I might break the clock shaft.
See my attached photos.
Attachments
IMG_3648.jpg
IMG_3647.jpg
IMG_3646.jpg
mazzeosa17

Postby zabadozer » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:16 pm

Success! Big thanks to mazzeosa17! Your suggested mod did the trick. I made the slightest bend to lengthen the linkage bar which pushed the reel timing bar back just enough (I traced the outline in case I needed to get back the original).

The change seemed insignificant, but I went from getting 10 symbols (1/2 revolution) to 40-50 (2-2.5 revolution) on the first reel. The mod required that I adjust the timing lever screw to delay the upper payout levers because the 3rd and 4th clicks were right on top of each other, but now it's perfect. Thanks for the descriptive fix and reference pics. Much appreciated.
Attachments
Link Bar - Buckley.jpg
zabadozer

Previous

Return to Just Chatting