YouTube video of the Bill Harrah Collection

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

YouTube video of the Bill Harrah Collection

Postby Dave » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:53 am

Well, I finally got all the videos posted in the appropriate thread covering every single machine in the Bill Harrah collection which will be auctioned off in a few weeks. It was a ton of work compiling and producing the videos.

All total, there is over 90 minutes of video. :shock:

The threads are as follows:

Caille 45
Mills Duplex
Caille Roulette
Midget Derby
Counter Top Slots
Single Wheel Uprights
Double Wheel Uprights

Have a question about any of the machines? Please post it in the appropriate thread.

All the videos are unlisted right now and only available to COPS members. The above threads are in the COPS (restricted) area of the forum - http://www.coinopcollectorforum.com/viewforum.php?f=25

After the auction, I will move all the threads to this area.

Also, COPS members get unrestricted access to the online price guide http://www.AntiqueSlotMachinePriceGuide.com up to the auction.

To join COPS, go to http://coinoppreservationsociety.com and click on the "Join the Society" link. The $20 membership is less than what a subscription to the price guide would cost.

Logo_COINOP_200.png
Logo_COINOP_200.png (110.48 KiB) Viewed 6430 times
Dave
Site Admin

Re: YouTube video of the Bill Harrah Collection

Postby CoinOpBuyer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:00 am

Thank you for doing this.

Much better information than what is in the catalog.
CoinOpBuyer

Postby JeffreyKreft » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:00 pm

Dave, thank you for taking the time to make the videos. Really helps those of us who are unable to view the machines in person and yes a much better representation of condition than what they tell you in the catalog.
JeffreyKreft

Postby Dave » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:21 am

JeffreyKreft wrote:Dave, thank you for taking the time to make the videos. Really helps those of us who are unable to view the machines in person and yes a much better representation of condition than what they tell you in the catalog.

You are welcome. This was a pretty rare occasion. I don't think I will be able to repeat this for future auctions.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby TheFatman » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:28 am

Thank you for your continued love and dedication to this.
dave F
TheFatman

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:55 am

THANK YOU FOR THE TIME AND EFFORT!
The magnet part is very helpful.
You definitely went above and beyond!
Very few would have been willing to share this "inside" information.
Midcoast Vintage

Postby Dave » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:20 pm

Thanks, I thought the magnet tests would be useful.

As I recall, the ONLY machine which had an iron denomination badge was the fantasy Mills upright. Figure that one out!
Dave
Site Admin

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:05 pm

Several of us 'old-timey' collectors, carried a magnet with us at all times, especially when attending
the live auctions, as many of the 'So Called Restored' Victorian uprights had replacement castings
made of brass, (and even aluminum), instead of the correct cast iron parts. You had to be on your
toes at all times, if you were a serious collector, as the auction houses would not say what was on
a particular machine. But there were times that they didn't know, if the consigner didn't tell them.

The live auctions have always been a very good resource for acquiring some really nice high quality
items, but only if you are in attendance, and look over the items thoroughly. In addition, many live
auctions are a breeding ground to unload your 'Unwanted CRAP', Reproductions, and Fantasy Fakes.

So, to all of you new collectors in our hobby - this Forum is the place to ask any & all questions, you
may have about a coin-op you are interested in purchasing. Don't jump on an item too soon, that you
might fancy, just because it's all 'glitzy & shiny', as many times it is a piece-of-crap. Especially if it is
being presented by a certain individual in Lost Wages. And to all you, that think I should ease-up on
this Clown - It will never happen, until he stops destroying nice original machines, to make-up his
beloved FAKES, that he continually screws people with, on a daily basis!
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby mrcoin » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:02 pm

Thanks Bill & Dave for all your efforts.
mrcoin

Return to Just Chatting