Paces reels Question

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Paces reels Question

Postby clubconsoles » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:14 pm

Hi All
I have a nice Pace,s reels console with a very good original glass.
I am not sure if the "skill field" part is a ploy to get round the law makers of the time or actually designed to allow the skill shot to make the payout?
Mine just makes the payout straight away.
There is a small assembly under the skill field that looks as if it interacted with the mecahnism in the distant past, but the linkage is long gone.
Even if the linkage was still present to allow the ball to find its way down to the plunger every play, I fail to see how the payout slides could be held until the ball makes the center chute to realise the payout.
Can anyone explain whether this skill field is just a "gimmick" to make it looks like a "game of skill" or whether it did make it a "true"game of skill in reality?

Many Thanks

Nigel
Attachments
reels_02.jpg
clubconsoles

Re: Paces reels Question

Postby TheFatman » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:19 pm

What a nice glass and valuable machine. Wish I knew all the details about it but mostly I do know that that feature was to get around the gambling laws. Like the mint vendor did in their time.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby watlingboy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:14 am

My guess is that the play field changed the slot from a game of chance to a game of skill. It probably worked the same way as the Hoke Trap the Snake and the Side Shooter that was put on Rol-A-Tops. It doesn't hold the slides but instead the clock is stopped by a lever before the fifth click or release of the slides. Shooting the ball knocks the lever out of the way and allows the clock to finish the cycle and release the slides.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Postby clubconsoles » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:04 am

Hi watlingboy
Yes, i bet you are right, it would just interupt the clock before the 5th click.
Now, if I could just get hold of that linkage, or good quality pictures which would allow me to fabricate my own.
A long shot, if ever there was one!
clubconsoles

Postby clubconsoles » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:29 pm

OK Guys, five years on and still looking for pictures of someone who must have a working skill field on a reels/saratoga. Please anyone??
I would have thought during these covid times when people spend more time tinkering with there machines someone could help me out??
I possibly have a solenoid (marked Pace) which looks like it was fitted to stop the timing bar on the 5th Click , but only one of the holes line up with the base plate??
Can anyone confirm what i have is the missing solenoid for the skill field??
Attachments
1d1a876e-9537-4e5b-ab36-dd553ba9d68a.jpg
clubconsoles

Return to Just Chatting