Page 1 of 1

help identifying bally slot

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:52 pm
by tbagoje
I'm new here so hello to everyone I have an old slot machine that I am looking for info on. It's a bally 5 cent slot no name on it, can't find model number. I have attached photos. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, teresa

Re: help identifying bally slot

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:42 pm
by Anglobritish
Bally.jpg
Money_honey.jpg
Bally Slot Machine Model Number.jpg
Hi,
Your machine was made around 1965, it was possibly a 742A model, Bally never game their machines a name just a model number, one thing that is unusual about your model, it as an award card that pays from 50 coins up, and not the lower payouts such as cherries that made 2 coins out, unfortunately these machines do not bring very big prices, you would be lucky to get around $400-500 for it however it as a good history as these style of machines is what made Las Vegas what it is today. it was my ex partner Cyril Shack that first put Bally on the slot machine map, when we were the U.K distributors before Bally was allowed to sell their machines in Las Vegas, Cyril was also responsible for naming the 742 model the "Money Honey" Cyril is now 91 years old and still as sharp as ever, I spoke with him a few months ago, the first time in 52 years. see the attached list of the early Bally slot machines. Enjoy your machine.

Freddy Bailey

Re: help identifying bally slot

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:22 am
by JHSS-1944
The model number would have been on the maker I.D. plate, which also had the date made, ser.# ,ect. on most of these of that era... from Nevada, these data plates are mostly missing.
as I was told.... bally kept a good record of who ordered / bought what & when. so, in the Mob run casinos (most were) , they would remove the tags when that casino was getting new ones in & these were being moved out... Usually to another mob run establishment out side of Nevada. just an attempt to hide who originally bought it, Assumed supplied / sold it.
remember the Johnson act of 1951 (?) , barred transport of any slot machine across state lines, ect.

I own a 1964 bally (simplest version) , ordered & used by the Dunes casino.
jeff H.

Re: help identifying bally slot

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:22 am
by Chances
This is a very common practice. For years, the ID tags were removed to hide the exact date/age of the machine, particularly in states where they did not meet the age requirement. People bringing machines back home, knowing a machine must be 20 years old would remove the tag if the machine were only 15 years old.

I think you have a Bally model 742A with newer belly glass.

Re: help identifying bally slot

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:54 am
by tbagoje
Thanks you all for responding. Having the model number has helped so much getting more info. My parents purchased it in 5 he early 80's and it has been in our game room ever since, I think the got it in an antique store. Until now that was all I knew about it! Thanks again, teresa

Re: help identifying bally slot

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 2:21 pm
by mechanic
Anglobritish wrote:
Bally.jpg
Money_honey.jpg
[attachment=1]Bally Slot Machine Model Number.jpg
Hi,
Your machine was made around 1965, it was possibly a 742A model, Bally never game their machines a name just a model number, one thing that is unusual about your model, it as an award card that pays from 50 coins up, and not the lower payouts such as cherries that made 2 coins out, unfortunately these machines do not bring very big prices, you would be lucky to get around $400-500 for it however it as a good history as these style of machines is what made Las Vegas what it is today. it was my ex partner Cyril Shack that first put Bally on the slot machine map, when we were the U.K distributors before Bally was allowed to sell their machines in Las Vegas, Cyril was also responsible for naming the 742 model the "Money Honey" Cyril is now 91 years old and still as sharp as ever, I spoke with him a few months ago, the first time in 52 years. see the attached list of the early Bally slot machines. Enjoy your machine.

Freddy Bailey



Fred what can you tell me about my Bally 742A made in Dublin Ireland for FORDS AUTOMATICS? ALL I COULD FIND WAS THEY WERE AROUND FROM THE 70"S TO ABOUT THE 90"S and thats about all.