Mills Club Special

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Mills Club Special

Postby madmelons » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:48 pm

OK,
Just seeking some confirmation on this item,

i saw in another thread that had a reference to this casting set as the Mills "Club Special" Model.

Heres a picture that i think has same casting set that was alluded to in that thread, well i think so!

I would just like to confirm these points,

Is the pix attached correct casting set for Club Special Model..if that model name actually exists of course?

Are the lozenges and the mills badge by side of third reel glass, only seen on this model?

Does the mills badge plate actually cover the horizontal squigly relief lines seen in other models front top casting?

Was the Club Special only available in x50cent denomination and only in fishnouth coin entry option?

Finally was there only x1 original factory colour for this model or did they supply in various factory original colours?

Thx in anticipation
Attachments
20275165_1.jpg
madmelons

Re: Mills Club Special

Postby nvmos2 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:03 pm

50cent Black and Gold.jpg
Black and Gold
Club Special.jpg
Club Special

Interesting.... a dealer/restorer has these 2 machines for sale. However, I'm not so sure he is a stickler for accuracy and may not know the correct Mills name for them; he calls the first one a Mills "Black and Gold" and the other a Mills "Club Special." Since Jennings made a model named "Club Special" in 1938-1940, I kind of doubt Mills would use an official model name already used by Jennings, but they did use "Club" as part of other model names, so who knows for sure?
nvmos2

Postby madmelons » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:44 pm

Thx for reply.

I note those x2 examples which i hadnt seen before, both have the lozenges and the mills badge and are x50cent and fishmouth coin entry.

Its so difficult with interchangeable parts to truly know whats original factory and whats regurgitated thru the slot collector world becoming

the truth when maybe it isnt. Im aware x50 cent machines were made in lower numbers so maybe mills didnt want to invest in special castings

and just tweak to get another "new" model introduced? Be great to see a flyer of this model, whatever its name. I was aware of the Jennings

"Club Special",. I posted this thread a while back on an image i had seen online of a jennings casting set that seemed to have elements of jennings

club special on a different model, sadly it seemed that cadting set was never actually produced.

http://coinopcollectorforum.com/viewtop ... ial#p19828
madmelons

Postby rtmccurdy » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:10 pm

I'm certain Richard Bueschel discussed this variation in a past issue of the Coin Slot magazine so I have to do some digging. Cherry Restorations simply calls similar machines on their site "Mills Half Tops." Obviously the lower casting had to have holes filled as both the Black Cherry and Golden Falls castings would work except for hole placement. I was under the impression that they were updated Black Cherry machines and the last gasp before High Tops flooded the market.
rtmccurdy

Return to Just Chatting