Mills 10 cent skyscraper slot machine

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Mills 10 cent skyscraper slot machine

Postby Glen » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:58 pm

Saw a mills 10 cent skyscraper slot machine at an estate sale. I can't find anything on this slot. The back is missing. Can someone tell me about what one would be worth. Something in the ball park.
Thanks, glen
Glen

Re: Mills 10 cent skyscraper slot machine

Postby nvmos2 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:22 pm

Nice collectible slot from about 1932; aka Mills Goooseneck Silent Bell. Don't know where you looked for info, but this forum has a search feature; try "Mills Skyscraper slot machine" and you'll come up with about 16 pages of hits; do the same search on Goggle and you'l get a ton of info, including a link to a good video by Dave. What's it worth? It's not a rare machine, beyond that condition, condition, condition.
nvmos2

Postby Glen » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:11 pm

Don't know anything about slots. My father had a mills war eagle 5 cent for sixty years that I now have. Saw the skyscraper. They wanted 800. Will be 400 tomorrow. No back on it. Was curious if it was worth it. I found some info online but couldn't find any kind of value. Thanks for your help
Glen

Postby nvmos2 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:40 pm

Unless it's a pile of rust, $400 sounds like a good deal to me. If you search the web, you'll see one in need of restoration recently sold on eBay for $300 plus S&H; other auction sites give an estimated value range, if not the selling price. If you search this forum, the 16 pages of hits show which hits are in the forum heading "Machines for sale" (on the right side of listing); check those out and you'll see what guys here are selling them for. Check out some of the other forum topics and you'll find that value is a topic that often comes up.

Be aware that there is a version of the Skyscraper that has a special feature; 2 plays for one coin. The special feature or a side vender adds a considerable premium to the value of the machine.
Last edited by nvmos2 on Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nvmos2

Postby atac » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:47 pm

Last summer I bought a crappy 5c one for $600 - had the door, etc, but someone over painted everything gold. Offered it for $600 on this site, but didn't sell it. We had to strip and strip. Turned out great and I sold it for $1350. So that should give you the boundaries. The door is about $125. Dime detracts a little. $400 sound ok if as NVMOS says - no rust bucket and the cabinet is ok, etc.
atac

Postby atac » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:55 pm

Looks like it or one like it is now on ebay at $1150 missing that stuff. $400 would have been about right for it if it's the same one.
atac

Return to Just Chatting