Pricing questions

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Pricing questions

Postby ohiodon1 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:52 pm

Hello, new to the group and first-time post. I’m thinking about making my first slot machine purchase. After looking at lots of different models, I really like Art Deco design of the Mills Skyscraper. If I came across one and assuming that it’s in good to very good working condition, what would be a fair price?
Also, would the Chicagoland show in April be a good place to find a reputable dealer and reasonable prices machines? Thanks
ohiodon1

Re: Pricing questions

Postby randyvw » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:31 am

buy a good one. buy one with some "Features", like future-pay, fortune-telling reel-strips, gold award, metal reel-strips, skill-stops, mint vendor. find one that is original. tic-tac-toe is another fun feature. get one that's fun to play, and fun to explain all those features it has. i like telling the history on slot machines with one machine, the FOK. telling people why when the car is called a lemon, it comes from slot machines, and how you get nothing when they come up. future-pay, how you know how much you will get even before you pull the handle. the bars on the reelstrips, which was the pack of gum way back when. the skill stops, which made it a game of skill. how you don't get exactly the same amount of coins every time. these things all make for a more interesting conversation with the average joe. take that for what it's worth, just my 2 sense.
randyvw

Return to Just Chatting