Penny TS coin always goes into coin return

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Penny TS coin always goes into coin return

Postby lioneltrains » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:25 pm

Hi- New member here
I don't know why but every time I put a penny in and push the lever everything runs as normal. EXCEPT the penny doesn't go into to cabinet (it used to most times until I made a couple of adjustments to the reel pump to get the reels revolve longer).

It's a Deuces Wild wooden Paul Bennett Co.

The coin drops in and the lever feels good. The reels spin nicely. But the penny no longer drops in the cabinet. It drops into the coin return. I don't know too much about this model, I'm learning.

I don't know if you spin a winning hand if there is a payout of that penny. I didn't think Trade simulator gave a payout.

I thought it was the adjust I made, so I reversed it -but same results.

Not a big deal. But I would like the coin to drop in the cabinet.

Any advise, comments, or ideas about this problem and any tip for this machine would be appreciated. TY
Attachments
back.jpg
190199738498.jpg
lioneltrains

Re: Penny TS coin always goes into coin return

Postby sam2002 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:41 am

Just a guess here as it’s a vague description, but if your referring to the hole in the side as the coin return, that is actually a view window for the operator to view the last coin played. The operator could then be sure you didn’t drop a slug in before giving you a an over the counter hand payout. This game dod not payout cash mechanically. There should be a piece of glass there. If you hit a winning hand the operator would look through that little view window and see what coin you played and give you the reward according to what coin you played, penny, nickle, dime etc.
On the next cycle or play the coin in that window then drops into the coin box and the new coin just played comes to rest in the view window. The only mechanical payout on your trade stimulator should be a gumball for every play you get one gumball. Hope this was helpful good luck!
Attachments
44A474D2-9D31-4CA3-8DBD-7DCA4F517907.jpeg
3A48B205-9917-4E18-BE38-1E7D32D90B77.jpeg
Last edited by sam2002 on Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
sam2002

Postby sam2002 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:43 am

Actually Your machine does not appear to have a gumball shoot.
Attachments
EEBEBB70-6C85-4719-9B2A-449BA39D49DB.jpeg
sam2002

Postby lioneltrains » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:52 am

Thank you sam2002
My gosh you are absolutely right! I never thought to check to see if the coin I had just played dropped through to the coin box as the next play coin dropped in. I didn't want to jam anything so I played 1 penny at a time and removed the penny each time from the "viewing window."

I noticed yours doesn't have a glass either. I would imagine the glass goes on the inside. Could I just glue a piece of glass or plexiglass on the inside? Was there a coin box or did the penny just drop into the inside of the cabinet?
This is a penny machine only correct?

I have attached a short clip of reels spinning. Does this look normal? I adjusted the ( not sure what to call it I think vacuum pump-circled in red) just out of trial and error to get the reels to spin a little longer. As I turned the screw in the reels spun longer. I have it screwed all the way in. I also put light oil down where the piston goes up and down and light oil on all the moving parts reel axles etc. And the reel spinning seems satisfactory.

I was going to remove the lever and rod to remove the machine from the case. But i loosened the square bolt and started to remove it but it felt like there was pressure on the rod as I withdrew it. I didn't want to collapse any gears, springs etc. so I stopped.

How do you remove the lever and rod so as to remove the chassis from the case? Is there a manual that I could download or buy?

Sorry for all the questions! There isn't much information about this model or photos or videos.

Thank you so much-Joseph
Attachments
test2.jpg
lioneltrains

Return to Just Chatting