Daval American Eagle -Just a couple of questions

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Daval American Eagle -Just a couple of questions

Postby lioneltrains » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:58 pm

I turn to the experts here. Daval American Eagle
What is the "coffee can Key" as iI call it for.
It seems like When I push in too far the nickle drops straight through. When I pull it back slightly it acts normally the nickle drops in and stays where it belongs. And you can spin the reels.

The coin doesn't stay in the "window" it goes in, you can spin normally but afterwards it doesn't stay until the next play.

What are the red circled levers for?

Does anyone have a picture of the Daval mechanism to post here? Both sides. On mine there is a long rod part of the plunger circled. I'd like to know where it goes. It was in the way until I placed it below the token chute.

A couple of things I learned Daval is called that becuase Al S. Douglis and David Helfenbein thus Dave-Al started the company.

You can replace the Daval American Eagle tokens with real quarters!

Thank you so much-Joseph
Attachments
Screenshot_20200801-225012_Gallery.jpg
20200801_172507.jpg
IMG_9347.jpg
lioneltrains

Re: Daval American Eagle -Just a couple of questions

Postby nvmos2 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:22 pm

Joseph;
Not sure what you're talking about;
The coin chutes on these machines are surprisingly intricate and each part and spring must be correct to work properly;
the "coffee can key" is part of that system and helps ensure the machine won't play without a coin inserted.

You have 2 push rods circled;
the top lever is the "Last coin release plunger";
the last coin played should be held in the upper window on the side;
when the player hit a winning combination, the operator would check the coin in the window before paying the player in order to make sure the player was not using slugs or foreign coins;
he would then pay the player and release the coin into the cash area before the next play so he or another couldn't claim a second winning on the same coin. May also be useful for clearing a jam.

the lower window shows the token when a winning combination is hit;
same concept as above;
the operator checks the token to determine the amount to pay the player (the tokens came in various denominations), then the lower push pin you have circled is used to push it into the machine for future use and out of view.
On many machines, there is no lower window,(or lower lever); just an opening for the token to fall out the side for the player to give to the operator to claim his winnings.

Yes, you can replace the tokens with quarters, but why would you?
If you don't have any, American Eagle tokens are available on line or from other collectors and one would think you would want proper tokens in your machine.
There are many style of trade stimulator tokens; the ONLY correct tokens for your machine will say "American Eagle" on them.

The American Eagle is an iconic trade stimulator and came in several variations; nice machine!
nvmos2

Postby nvmos2 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:30 am

Photos as requested (actually out of a Gusher, but same mech).

IMG_8109.jpg

IMG_8110.jpg

IMG_8111.jpg

IMG_8112.jpg
nvmos2

Postby lioneltrains » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:36 am

Ok heres the rod connected to the plunger.
I dont know what it controls.
When you push the plunger a rod goes through the token retrieval port.

I'm missing the circled part as shown on your photo.
I dont know what you call it but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the coin not going into the viewing window.
Attachments
20200803_140945.jpg
20200803_141137.jpg
20200803_141504.jpg
20200803_141746.jpg
20200803_141924.jpg
Screenshot_20200803-142521_Chrome.jpg
lioneltrains

Postby nvmos2 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:47 pm

Joseph;

You can see the token plunger is spring loaded to the back of the machine.
The back end of the rod should ride along the short track as seen correctly positioned in your 3rd photo.
Your rod is bent out of shape; the rod's purpose is to block the token from falling out of view until the plunger is pushed.
When the plunger is back, the front of the rod blocks the opening in the token chute, keeping the token in view thru side window.
The front end of the rod should sit along the front side of the token chute, just below the front screw.
When the plunger is pushed, the rod moves forward to allow the plunger to push the token out the side of the chute into the bottom of the machine.
From your 4th photo; the glass is missing from the token viewing window, so the token will just come out the side (not as originally designed); negates the use of plunger.

Yes; the missing part is what holds the last coin played in front of the viewing window.
You should be able to get it working OK without it, the coin will just fall straight down to the bottom.
nvmos2

Return to Just Chatting