Dave Berten?

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Dave Berten?

Postby shortrackskater » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:22 am

Does anyone know if Dave Berten exists?
I"ve normally received replies from him within a week or so. He's rebuilt two locks for me and I've bought numerous parts from him in the past. We usually chat a little by e mail.
I've tried sending him three regular E mails, and two through his eBay listings over the course of two months!
I wish he'd reply at least with an "I'm alive" or "Out of business," or something. I'm assuming he's just selling out his inventory and leaving the business? I'm concerned.
shortrackskater

Re: Dave Berten?

Postby ThirdGenAmusement » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:41 am

I'd received a return email last week from him so I know he's around. He'd mentioned things have been super busy so he's running behind a bit.
ThirdGenAmusement

Postby grapeman » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:45 am

I have dealt with Dave for years. I recently have had the same experience. I ordered parts, paid for them, never received them. Finally had to have Pay Pal refund my money. They last week, I send Dave an e-mail inquiring about parts and he responded immediately. Not sure what to tell you, but that is what I know. I hope he can keep his act together as he is good for the hobby....
grapeman

Postby collector1 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:45 pm

DAVE LOST SOME HELP AND NOW EVERYTHING I ORDER IS ARRIVING IN A BETTER TIME FRAME. IF IN DOUBT MESSAGE HIM BEFORE BUYING
collector1

Postby shortrackskater » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:17 am

Usually I hear back eventually and this time, nothing. We usually chatted about non-slot stuff a little as well. I became concerned when he didn't reply to a message sent to his eBay account. I'm not in a hurry for my lock to be re-keyed but I'd like it eventually.
Hell if I lived on that side of the country, I'd volunteer to help him out as long as he needed to catch up. Unfortunately I'm in lovely fire-ravaged, earthquake zone, sunny, Southern California.
shortrackskater

Postby shortrackskater » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:08 am

Still nothing from Dave! If anyone ever hears from him, can you let him know I'd love to have another slot lock re-keyed.
Mark Jeffries
shortrackskater

Postby ThirdGenAmusement » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:48 pm

Well now I havent heard from Dave in over a month and have an order I am hoping to arrive. Anyone had contact with him? Hope he is ok.
ThirdGenAmusement

Postby BALTMANHD103 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:03 pm

Just ordered springs from him jo issues
BALTMANHD103

Postby firefox1 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:35 am

I orderedmany items and parts from Dave. Received them quickly. You can only email him. He is a busy person from what I understand.
firefox1

Postby Dalanlo » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:01 pm

I, too, am waiting on a Berten order from two weeks ago. Dave has not responded to my emails but... he is pretty much a "sole source provider". It is not like you can go to Home Depot or Walmart to get the springs and such. Best to be patient and trust in the fact that Dave will deliver when he gets around to it.
Dalanlo

Next

Return to Just Chatting