Jennings Chief Tic Tac Toe

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Jennings Chief Tic Tac Toe

Postby mtuc » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:42 am

slot.jpeg
New to this forum, but glad to have found it! My question,.. I have a Jennings Chief 5 cent tic tac toe machine. It is in great shape, with only one issue. Sometimes, when the nickel is dropped, the tab on the chain is just a hair off, and won’t let it fall enough to push the release tab in. After a couple of slaps on the outside, it will move enough to allow the machine to spin. When I remove the mechanism, I can move the tab just a bit, and all is good.
It does not seem to be enough to say the chain has jumped, but maybe it has stretched just a bit. I was hoping to tap into your expertise for an idea, or a direction to a resource. I have added pictures to help in my lack of explanation. Thank you.
Attachments
slot 2.jpeg
slot1.jpeg
mtuc

Re: Jennings Chief Tic Tac Toe

Postby atac » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:07 pm

It could be grease. If the ratchets and chain are completely free, check the lever that hooks the tabs and the lever with the roller to make sure they are too. Both of those parts have adjustments so fiddle with that after you've made sure they are clean and free...
atac

Postby mtuc » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:13 pm

Thank you atac. Good information. If you look at the picture with the pointer, you can see where the new nickel sits. That tab on the chain just in front of the new nickel is just a hair off. If I just touch it, it moves forward enough, and the nickel is in play. It doesn't happen every time, but enough to make it frustrating to play. I couldn't see an adjustment to tighten the chain just a bit, so I am kinda stuck. So close, but just not quite there. Any thoughts about the chain? (I have made sure everything is clean and well lubricated.)
mtuc

Postby atac » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:55 pm

The adjustments are on the lever with the hook and the lever with the roller. I suspect if you shorten them both a very small amount it would leave the position of that chain roller slightly less advanced thus the nickel advancing tab on the chain slightly less advanced. There isn't an adjustment on the chain itself, but either the roller or the ratchet can be moved slightly too. I believe you can get what you're looking by very slight adjustment of the first two. Usually they are taper pinned, so you might have to "pull the pins".
atac

Postby MONTI » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:50 pm

This may help as I email this to customers with Jennings escalator issue questions!
You should be able to click on the image and enlarge it for better viewing!
Bona Fortuna!
MONTI

email Jennings Sun Chief Escalator adjusting back.jpg
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby mtuc » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:20 am

This is awesome information!!! Thanks for the responses and the opportunity to post here!!!
mtuc

Return to Just Chatting