Happy 4Th of July!

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Happy 4Th of July!

Postby nvmos2 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:54 pm

As we're celebrating the 4th, our hobby should remember 1976 and guys who took collecting slots out of the shadows by standing up to silly government regulation like Jerry Kenzer, who had his collection confiscated (valued at $50,000 even back then!) but fought back and, with the help of guys like Dick Bueschel, eventually got the California law changed. Leading to others all across the country to get states to move toward common sense for collectors. As seen in another thread posted on this Forum, it continues to this day in the remaining backward states.

In a way, I miss the early days when collecting slots was legally shady and the hunt was often the most enjoyable part of the find. Back then, the common comment was "look what I found; let's see how it works" rather than "look what I got; how much is it worth." But I guess the wealth of good information and speed of communication available today, makes it worthwhile to put up with the misinformation on all the silly Facebook groups.

This may seem trivial on the day we celebrate real patriots who risked it all for their countrymen, but it's not; with the incredible foolishness we see in all aspects of our government today, we need more people willing to stand up for common sense!
Last edited by nvmos2 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nvmos2

Re: Happy 4Th of July!

Postby saloonkpr » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:06 pm

Happy 4th to All members. .and also to Rick Akers , Who Got the Laws Changed in Tennessee.. So Collectors of That state can enjoy collecting Without Worry...
saloonkpr

Re: Happy 4Th of July!

Postby Walter Newton » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:38 pm

I remember in the later 70s when we finally changed the law in Texas.

Happy fourth to all.
Walter Newton

Return to Just Chatting