Rare Jennings Triplex Long Shot Club Console Slot Listed

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Re: Rare Jennings Triplex Long Shot Club Console Slot Listed

Postby Dave » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:39 pm

$9,800
Dave
Site Admin

Postby BBeauty » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:41 am

$11,500 =D>
BBeauty

Postby MONTI » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:50 am

Not to sure on the Final Bid outcome as like mentioned above EBAY can be very different in the outcome depending on who is biddingand their deep desire for the item!
But after reading the description and watching the video and also just recently having one in my shop, pictured here below, I fully understand why it was not a big seller for Jennings as route operators would have issues with the fact that it only paid out in nickles and if someone played mostly quarters and dimes the coin tube would run dry fairly fast because the coin tube would not refill as needed!
Something that on location would be an issue!
Also I have also shown detailed pictures of the coin head here below which also had to be working Perfectly not to have issues as well and if someone did not follow the directions located on the coin glass of playing all plays on a quarter or both plays on a dime before inserting another coin the potential for a head jam was also possible!
But it is a unique mechanism having that particular coin head however should be in the hands of a well versed slot mechanic for home use.
Granted I am only speaking from experience on the earlier model, the later one being discussed could have had some improvements on the quirks of the coin head to alleviate issues and with the electronic payout on the higher award does kind of take care of the coin tube running out of nickles on payouts due to quarters and dimes being played predominately!
My guess on final price is somewhere in the $8,000.00 range with the Jennings Floor Console as the one I had in the shop was not a console but it did have the side mint vendor which to me was not seen often and after a complete servicing the owner sold it for $4,000.00!
Probably because it was so pristine due to the fact that it did not see much location action possibly due to the route servicing that may have been needed for these models and keeping them from being a good seller for Jennings!
I regret not making an in-depth video of this particular slot machine while in my shop but I did take many pictures of it!
Ciao!
MONTI

1 TRIPLEX.JPG

2 Coin Head Front.JPG

7 coin head rear2.jpg

15 Coin head front view.JPG
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby marsonion » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:48 am

$9,250.00
marsonion

Postby MONTI » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:12 am

It would probably be nice to see a video of the coin head in operation with a quarter, then a dime and then finally a nickle!
This would probably help the bidding out and possibly bring a higher final bid!
What do you think?
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby randyvw » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:00 pm

any details that show it BETTER would help it....is that cash box original? thanks to monti for some helpful input.
randyvw

Postby Nations Attic » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:50 pm

Thank you for the suggestions on the additional information needed. Below we have posted two YouTube links showing the 5c, 10c and 25c coin entry working just as they should. Also, a 2nd video shows the machine paying out on all combinations, including the $20 Long Shot jackpot in quarters. Sorry about the video quality - it was done today (Saturday) on a cell phone. Also, two photos posted show the front of the coin entry and entire front of the mech. Lastly, keep those final bid guesses coming! Thanks again! Don & Jenny - Nation's Attic

https://youtu.be/VU3Yixgt2BQ

https://youtu.be/ujtxvQ6EBAk

Nations Attic

Postby randyvw » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:06 pm

good call, sam!
randyvw

Postby Imyourcaptain » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:11 pm

Well holy crap! Almost 16,000! I can’t say I’m that surprised. It’s an awesome machine that rarely comes up. Hope it’s in hands of an amazing collector. I hop to see more of this machine.
Imyourcaptain

Postby Dave » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:20 pm

It went from $8,500 to $15,979 in the last 12 minutes.

The person who got it only put in a single bid via some kind of snipe tool I assume.

Just goes to show you how valuable nice original stuff is.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 8.18.45 PM.png
Dave
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to E-Bay