handle removal - is it pinned?

This area is to discuss trade stimulators. A trade stimulator is defined as a machine that does NOT pay the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

handle removal - is it pinned?

Postby markm7600 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:16 pm

HI All,
How do you remove a handle from a Pok-O-Reel, or similar type of trade stimulator? Are the handles pinned in and I just need to drive the pin out from the bottom?
markm7600

Re: handle removal - is it pinned?

Postby cpdretired » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:49 pm

You can driving it out but I would be worried cracking something. Try using a drill bit starting with a smaller size then increasing in diameter.
cpdretired

Postby RickHector » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:13 pm

I would ask how are you trying to remove the handle. If you are just trying to remove it from the cabinet, all you need to do is to remove the square head set screw from the curved part that connects with the coin. The shaft then comes out along with the handle. If you are trying to remove the shaft from the handle, you are in for a big battle as the shaft is machine fitted and locked in place with a taper pin. I can tell you from experience it is very hard to get that taper pin our. If you want to talk about this further you can send me a private message.
RickHector

Postby oldpinguy » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:40 am

I agree totally with Rick. Recently had to remove one of those from the handle on a Mills Railroad pinball. Ended up drilling through it with a slightly smaller diameter drill bit. Not an easy task. Just for curosity’s sake I kept trying a blind punch as I drilled through to see how much I had to remove before I could punch the rest out. Answer; about to 1/8 inch from the end. Those things were meant to hold forever. :|
oldpinguy

Postby markm7600 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:54 pm

Hi all, your responses have been very helpful! I need to remove the handle because it broke in two and I need to have it welded. I didn't really think about just removing the handle as RickHector suggested - I'll try that in the morning.
Again, thanks for the help. I've always had great luck with this forum!
-Mark
markm7600

Return to Trade Stimulators