Another Worthwhile Forum

This is the place to advertise other coin-op discussion forums

Another Worthwhile Forum

Postby nvmos2 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:48 pm

In a different thread, I asserted that this forum was "the only worthwhile forum coinop has."

My apologies to the guys over at www.pennymachines.co.uk

They also have a very worthwhile forum (and website) devoted mostly (but not exclusively) to European coinop.
Like most Americans, I have a very provincial view of the world.
I have several European machines and enjoy that site immensely; I just spoke without thinking globally.
I should have said this is the only worthwhile forum devoted mostly (but not exclusively) to American machines.

I now assert that this forum and the one over at penny machines are the only two worthwhile forums that coinop has worldwide, at least as far as I know.
nvmos2

Re: Another Worthwhile Forum

Postby andydotp » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:53 pm

Well said that man. =D>

We can all learn from one another and share our collective resources at the click of a mouse.
Thing is though, the pennymachines lot are generally never awake when we are,,,, sleepy blighters up there in the Northern Hemisphere....
andydotp
(Daily pennymachines viewer from down Under).
andydotp

Postby CoinOpBuyer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:45 am

Why doesn't COCA tell people about this forum and the UK forum?
CoinOpBuyer

Postby Mills » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:50 pm

À french forum exist too : http://www.flipjuke.fr/rubrique-slot-jackpot-f70.html
There are many sections : modern slot, electro mecanic slot, mecanic slot section.
But it is in french.... :lol:
37 slots machines.... May be more ?
Mills

Postby Jackpot » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:45 am

Hey.......................We are not so bad!, check us out sometime.
http://coinslots.com/forum/
Jackpot =D> :shock: =P~ =D>
I Buy-sell-trade coin op's. I also have some later model slot parts. There are piles of manuals at:
http://coinslots.com/page21.html
Jackpot

Postby nvmos2 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:20 am

Jackpot wrote:Hey.......................We are not so bad!, check us out sometime.
http://coinslots.com/forum/
Jackpot =D> :shock: =P~ =D>

Truth be told; I was totally unaware of the referenced forum.
Just goes to show how little I know about this world wide internet thing,
but it seems to be catching on, so I better get with the program.
nvmos2

Postby nvmos2 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:54 pm

CoinOpBuyer wrote:Why doesn't COCA tell people about this forum and the UK forum?

Good question.
I would have thought that someone from the COCA inner circle would have responded by now.

It would certainly advance the stated purpose of COCA to post a link to these forums on their website and encourage their members to share their knowledge.

Assuming you are a member, recommend you direct the question to the COCA President. I’d do it myself but am not currently a member. The last time I made some suggestions to a past COCA president, all I got was a load of BS and subsequently let my membership expire. Hopefully, the new President will be more responsive to your inquiry.
nvmos2

Postby MrCollector » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:41 pm

COCA had a forum. The original posts on the legal mess with the Ebay auction started on that forum, and once a board member was mentioned, the forum disappeared. I always thought that interesting.
MrCollector

Postby andydotp » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:50 pm

http://www.pennymachines.co.uk

Pardons begged as I am biased towards the above. Due in part because I'm from there but now live in a country devoid of anything remotely resembling a healthy coin-op scene and secondly because I know a few members personally and have forged numerous valued friendships on-line since joining.

So, perhaps the wider US audience could consider this:
Our verbal intercourse & exchange of knowledge, pics and a little goss, conjecture & humor via this fine forum is merely via keypad and the click of a mouse for the vast majority of us.
Meaning: we're all playing in the global internet 'sand pit'.
Up there in the UK - on the Forum, most of the slot and trade stimulator posts relate to original American machines - usually in British guises and I for one regret the lack of US input and interest. Bar a few US regulars of course.
Just my two cents worth.
(AU2c that is :D ),,
which is only worth .68 of yours... :wink: short-changed again. #-o .
andydotp
andydotp

Postby Dave » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:53 pm

MrCollector wrote:COCA had a forum. The original posts on the legal mess with the Ebay auction started on that forum, and once a board member was mentioned, the forum disappeared. I always thought that interesting.

Yeah, that is very interesting. I knew they had a forum at one time. I was the top poster in it. Then one day all MY posts went poof. All of them were deleted. Like, What the Hell?

I later found out they were deleted because I didn't renew my membership on time. At least that was the excuse given. Huh???? Even if I didn't renew my membership why delete all my posts. I mean there were posts where generic questions were answered. I know for a fact that at least one of the former officers of COCA does not like this forum AT ALL.

After that, I never posted again. When they launched their new website I found out that there was no forum at all.

I suspect that COCA does not like this forum or any other forum because it is out of their control.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Next

Return to Other Coin-Op Forums